Prairie Gin Fizz
- 1.5 oz. Black Fox Gin No. 3
- 1 Egg white
- 1 c. sea buckthorn berries
- 2 medium stalks of rhubarb
- 1 c. local honey
- 1 c. water
- *To taste; Better Bitters Orange Tree
- *To taste; carbonated water (optional)
- Cut rhubarb into coins. Combine one cup of water and one cup of honey in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer and stir often until a consistent, clear liquid forms. Set aside to cool.
- Add rhubarb and sea buckthorn berries to honey syrup, simmer until rhubarb becomes translucent. Strain fruit from syrup and reserve for later.
- Add fruit to blender and pulse on high until smooth. Use cheesecloth or a fine strainer to remove any seeds or pulp.
- In your cocktail mixer, add gin, egg white, two ounces of fruit puree and one ounce of honey syrup. Shake vigorously until egg whites are frothy.
- Add ice to shaker and shake again to chill. Strain your cocktail into a glass filled with ice. Add Orange Tree bitters to taste. If desired, slowly add carbonated water to taste.